Sunday, May 17, 2009

1st weekend in UK

Now after the adventurous experience in Paris, within a few weeks later, I find myself in a similar adventure in UK. Here's how..
I was traveling from Brighton to Stonehouse. I needed to take 2 buses, one train, one underground tube train in London and a long distance train later. The first 3 changes were comfortable. Now comes the fun..
I had to take a train from London Victoria to London Paddington, the underground tube service. I had just a 3 min gap to catch the connecting train. You know how fast these doors close in the trains and there's no way you can intervene by banging at the door or any other way. hehe.. (Apne yahan start banging the bus and it will stop, aisi suvidha wahan kahan)
So there I saw this display at the platform. There were 2 names and one said Paddington. Within no time the alarm starting ringing indicating that doors are closing. Wow I had no option but to quickly get in coz in this 3 min gap I cant take any chances of missing the train. Inside the train I check the map which indicates the route clearly. I find Paddington no where on it. I quickly asked a few people around. They confirmed that I got in to the wrong train!!! I started panicking but tried to remain calm and asked what I could do now.
One of them said get down at the next station and take the train that comes on the opposite platform. I had no choice but to follow the instructions blindly. I quickly got down and started checking the map on the platform and found the appropriate train. Luckily the next train that arrived was the one I was waiting for and I managed to get in. Now I also had to ensure if I could still reach on time to get my long distance connection. No one in the train could tell for sure so I just kept my fingers crossed.
Now don guess that I missed that train. The Lord did have some mercy on me... I reached well in advance, comfortable enough to find my coach and seat before the train departed. I was finally relieved...
But the story isn't over yet.. Continued in the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment