So after an adventurous evening in Louvre and the sparkling blue lights of the Eiffel tower, we reached Porte d' Orleans from where our apartment was walkable. (a lil more then a kilometer) But me being me, the lazy goose, I chose to take a bus instead. My friend, with who I missed the train earlier that evening also said she wanted to come with me by bus. So the 2 of us said bubbye to the rest of them and walked towards the bus stop.
Sometimes u just randomly assume some things without asking. We did just that and crossed the road to look for the stop which we thot would take us in the direction towards home. Now we walk and walk but there's no sight of any stop. God knows which turn we took and where, now we were in a place we had never seen before. At least now we were 'sure' we're 'lost'.
So we decide to walk back and trace the same path we came by. On the way we come across weirdos shouting from cars and now, my friend is scared. (Well so was I but I'd rather not say it explicitly) Guess what idea she comes up with. She randomly starts laughing and for no apparent reason. I thot may be she's expressing her fear this way (quite weird ey?) She then says 'if you laugh, at least people won't know that we're lost they'll think we're having fun.'
I realized that she had completely lost it, yet I assured her not to worry and we would reach home safe. We finally managed to reach the spot where we had started from after numerous efforts to ask directions in English which most people did not respond to..
So what do you think went wrong? heehaahaha V din have to cross to look for a stop in the other direction. The stop was right in front of us. Anyhooo, such things happen and later we just laugh at it.
So to sum it all, I chose to take the bus bcoz I din wanna walk... But wat happened?? I walked 4 times the distance and yet spent 1.5 Euros on the bus. Wow that was one eventful, adventurous in the true sense and scary experience.
You're probably wondering what our friends did who would obviously expect us to reach before them when they did not spot us 2 hours after they reached.. They freaked out, no doubt and when they did see us we got a much deserved scolding and witnessed some usual drama like we were about to report to the police etc.. Nah jus kidding, they just said they were gonna call our office manager if we din turn up by 12:00..
Man that would have been worse...
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment