Monday, May 18, 2009

Yesterday at the lab :)

It was a usual dinner like everyday and we came back to the lab soon after. Ratul watching his 'Mahabharat', Rahul and Darshan discussing some high fundoo Math stuff and me searching for a Windows machine and a way to get it started. After much debate, we finally managed to find place and connected it to the LAN. Now I tried to access it remotely but the audio won't work. I later moved to the place where we connected it and thought I would use it from there itself. Yet the audio won't work. Now we figure out that audio drivers are missing. Rahul tries to install them from the web. In the mean while Harish walks in with 2 packets of Maggi to cook it on the hot plate in our lab. We were 6 and the packets 2 (that too small ones 45 gm.. hehe :P)
Harish wanted to safeguard it so bad that he was ready to eat it half cooked. But Rahul and Ratul made sure they got their share. Soon Anubhab walks in just to find that Maggi is already over :(
He agreed to make tea for everyone and soon we all had a nice cup of green tea- mint,lemon,ginger flavor. I went to check on my windows machine but no luck. I decided to leave for my room but was kinda bored 2 go alone (chalo mann liya, not bored, scared)
I asked if anyone had plans to leave or at least go for coffee but we all just had tea :( so nah, no luck. Since it had rained that day, I was sure to encounter a few reptiles and mammals on the way.. Luckily I saw Rahul packing up and was glad to find company :)
We just started walking and booom!!!! Lights gone.. The generator switches on but even that small time lag is enough to freak me out. With just trees around the whole place, its pitch dark with squeaking sound of insects everywhere. But in no time lights were on and I peacefully walked to the hostel. Despite waiting for so long, I did nothing fruitful.
I hope I can fix something today, I mean the windows machine...

1 comment: